1945 to 1992
In 1946, weakened by the war, KUHN formed an association with the Swiss company BUCHER-GUYER.
Kuhn gradually started growing once more. In 1949 a decisive step was taken: by converting to mechanical traction in that year, KUHN became one of France's leading agricultural machinery manufacturers.
It was the start of a terrific period of development! With growing mechanisation and modernisation of the countryside, KUHN multiplied its new machines.
Innovation, quality: these were the company's keywords, leading it to a position as a reference trademark in agricultural machinery.
Now the leader in its French markets, KUHN could set out to conquer the world.
From the 1970s, its machines were exported all over Europe as well as to Australia and the United States.
The 1980s were marked by the development of the company's internal capacities.
At a time when businesses were constantly growing, KUHN developed an organization to match its ambitions.
These ambitions were rewarded, at the end of the 1980s, with the first external growth operations…
|1946||KUHN joins an important Swiss company (BUCHER-GUYER), also specialised in the manufacture of agricultural machinery.|
|1965||A huge fire destroys the machining tools and assembly workshops. The workforce takes on the reconstruction in a wave of solidarity.|
|1970||Delivery of the 1 000 000th machine to a farmer in the Orne region of France.|
|1972||Construction of a new Spare Parts Warehouse.|
|1978||Kuhn S.A. celebrates its 150th anniversary,|
|1980||Inauguration of a new storage and despatch area, covering an area of 13 000 m2 (140 000 sq ft).|
|1982||Creation of a new Research and Development centre.|
|1983||All factory data becomes available on-screen, through a centralised computer network in Saverne.|
KUHN’s international branches are also connected.
|1985||Establishment of a network of KUHN Authorised Dealer sales representatives.|
|1986||Launch of a MINITEL service (information database operated by France Telecom), for French KUHN|
Authorised Dealer sales representatives.
|1987||HUARD, one of Europe’s leading plough manufacturers, becomes part of the KUHN group.|
The Research & Development department is equipped with CAD (Computer-aided design).
|1988||Creation of a new training centre.|
25th anniversary of KUHN Maschinen-Vertrieb GmbH, our German subsidiary.
|1989||Installation of fibre optic cables for the computer network throughout the whole site.|
|1990||MATELEST DIFFUSION, specialised in park and garden equipment becomes part of the KUHN group (today called PUISSANCE VERTE).|
KUHN is Gold medal winner at SIMA exhibition for the Rotary Plough.
|1991||The factory expands and a brand new fully-automated raw material storage warehouse with storage capacity of approx. 6000 tons is built|
|1992||KUHN is Gold medal winner at SIMA for the ALTERNA 500, a 5 m mower conditioner.|