Kuhn - Kuhn North America Inc. - Farm Equipment in United States and Canada | Home Page
Search
  
 Products 
  
  
 KUHN Group 
  
  
 Kuhn North America 
  
  
 Information Center 
  
  
 Services & Support 
  
  
 Partners 
  
 Worldwide sites
 Our project
 Key figures 2016
 Kuhn's difference
 Group's factories and subsidiaries
 History

1945 to 1992

1945 to 1992


In 1946, weakened by the war, KUHN formed an association with the Swiss company BUCHER-GUYER.

Kuhn gradually started growing once more. In 1949 a decisive step was taken: by converting to mechanical traction in that year, KUHN became one of France's leading agricultural machinery manufacturers.


It was the start of a terrific period of development! With growing mechanisation and modernisation of the countryside, KUHN multiplied its new machines.


Innovation, quality: these were the company's keywords, leading it to a position as a reference trademark in agricultural machinery.


Now the leader in its French markets, KUHN could set out to conquer the world.
From the 1970s, its machines were exported all over Europe as well as to Australia and the United States.
The 1980s were marked by the development of the company's internal capacities.
At a time when businesses were constantly growing, KUHN developed an organization to match its ambitions.
These ambitions were rewarded, at the end of the 1980s, with the first external growth operations…

1946KUHN joins an important Swiss company (BUCHER-GUYER), also specialised in the manufacture of agricultural machinery.

1965A huge fire destroys the machining tools and assembly workshops. The workforce takes on the reconstruction in a wave of solidarity.

1970Delivery of the 1 000 000th machine to a farmer in the Orne region of France.

1972Construction of a new Spare Parts Warehouse.

1978Kuhn S.A. celebrates its 150th anniversary,

1980Inauguration of a new storage and despatch area, covering an area of 13 000 m2 (140 000 sq ft).

1982Creation of a new Research and Development centre.

1983All factory data becomes available on-screen, through a centralised computer network in Saverne.
KUHN’s international branches are also connected.

1985Establishment of a network of KUHN Authorised Dealer sales representatives.

1986Launch of a MINITEL service (information database operated by France Telecom), for French KUHN
Authorised Dealer sales representatives.

1987HUARD, one of Europe’s leading plough manufacturers, becomes part of the KUHN group.

The Research & Development department is equipped with CAD (Computer-aided design).

1988Creation of a new training centre.

25th anniversary of KUHN Maschinen-Vertrieb GmbH, our German subsidiary.

1989Installation of fibre optic cables for the computer network throughout the whole site.

1990MATELEST DIFFUSION, specialised in park and garden equipment becomes part of the KUHN group (today called PUISSANCE VERTE).

KUHN is Gold medal winner at SIMA exhibition for the Rotary Plough.

1991The factory expands and a brand new fully-automated raw material storage warehouse with storage capacity of approx. 6000 tons is built

1992KUHN is Gold medal winner at SIMA for the ALTERNA 500, a 5 m mower conditioner.


Kuhn North America's
History
Learn more about Kuhn's rich History in North America.

KUHN'S HISTORY
 

  KUHN SITE    SOCIAL NETWORKS  

RSS

YouTube

Facebook

Twitter
KUHN NORTH AMERICA, INC. - 1501 West Seventh Ave. - P.O. BOX 167 - Brodhead, WI 53520 - Phone: 608-897-2131- Fax: 608-897-2561
KUHN KRAUSE, INC. - 305 S. Monroe St. - P.O. BOX 2707 - Hutchinson, KS 67501 - Phone: 800-957-2873